theme

Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Valentine's Day Birchbox!

Valentine's Day Birchbox
My boyfriend got me another year of Birchbox for Vday! It's the gift that just keeps on giving so I was very happy about that! 

What's in my box?

Catherine Malandrino perfume:
Here we go again! Already got a repeat item and this is only my 4th box. First of this subscription. Just got this same fragrance 2 boxes ago. I did like the scent but I hate receiving fragrance samples! I could get this for free from the mall :(

Cynthia Rowley Creamy Lip Stain, Heartthrob:
This was one of the products that sold me on the curated box. I love this lip stain. It smells lovely. The color red is just right. It is noticeable but not in your face red. I prefer this lip stain over Stainiac, which I received in a prior box. My only negative is the size of the tube, it is tiny and the lip brush is equally short. It makes applying it without a mirror difficult to me. 

Gilchrist & Soames body lotion:
This is a body lotion from London. It has a nice scent but it's kind of bland. Not very exciting but it is a decent sized lotion sample.

Coola Mineral Sunscreen:
I was not at all excited to get a sunscreen in my February box. When I posted this in the Birchblogger group, all the comments were like, "you should use sunscreen all year round." Well, this may be true, but I don't. If I do decide to add sunscreen to my daily routine, I don't think I need a sample of it. It will not be one of my luxury products. I definitely will not be purchasing this product. It smells like dough. It does say it is a BB cream so I guess that is one good thing about it... two-in-one.  

Beauty Protector Protect and Detangle leave in conditioner:
I was most excited for this product. I LOVE the smell. It smells delicious. It comes out as a bubbling liquid. I prefer sprays to gels when it comes to my hair. This consistency is somewhere in between. I sprayed on my hand and rubbed into my hair. I will definitely use this product.

Bonus * Teas from Harney & Sons, Hot Cinnamon Spice and Rooibos Chai:
I love the packaging on this tea. It is so pretty. I am excited to try these. I didn't love TeaPigs so I'm hopeful that these will be better. I will update after I taste both flavors. 

Overall, I was slightly disappointed in this box. I liked 2 out 5 products. I wish there was a limit on lotions and fragrances that you receive in your boxes. I would like to receive more makeup vs lotions/ makeup removers/fragrances and yes, I have filled out the online profile. 




No comments: